Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wi-Fi and Children's Health


search.jpg

As I type this entry, I am using the Wi-Fi in my home.  I am in an apartment, and there are several nearby Wi-Fi ignals.  Each signal carries its own, albeit low, radiation, and although the research on Wi-Fi and health is inconclusive, many people are complaining of a myriad of symptoms ranging from headaches to difficult sleeping.  Some schools ban the use of Wi-Fi in the interest of sparing children from the potentially harmful effects.

The debate still rages on, but I know personally, some of my close friends as well as myself have experienced symptoms that seem to disappear when the wifi is disabled or the ethernet cable is employed instead.  Here are some suggestions to consider when at home:

  • Disable the Wi-Fi when it is not in use. 
  • Disable the Wi-Fi habitually before bedtime.  
  • Limit your use of Wi-Fi during the day, i.e., allow yourself so much time for frivolous games and Facebook, then find other things to do.

After you have done these things for about a week, document how you feel, how your children behave, and how your sleep patterns are affected.  You may be surprised.  There is another claim that plants cannot thrive near wireless routers, which is troubling to say the least.

Investigate for yourself, and tell me what you think.  This is Realest Mother Dearest signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment