Thursday, February 21, 2013

Penny Pinching

Let's face it: even though I love my little one, the love  in my heart does not distract me from the strain on my budget.  As the great Eugene Krabs would say, I have a strange feeling in the pit of me wallet. 
(I have been watching Spongebob a lot these days)
That being said, I have been finding ways to expand the rainy day fund.  
One way is a good old-fashioned piggy bank.  Putting whatever lose change I have in the porcelain pigbelly isn't the most unique idea, but it is definitely a simple way to start, and every little bit helps.
Of course there are stocks, bonds, CDs, etc., but for those of us who aren't able to invest a sizeable lump sum just yet, there are incentive programs such as UPromise to look into.  In most cases, all you have to do is enroll your debit card and shop as usual. Some restrictions apply, but for the most part you are building your nest egg through ordinary purchases like fuel and groceries. I will go in depth in another blog.
Until next time, this is Realest Mother Dearest signing off.
OAN: I planned on giving away silicone scar sheets, but after 8 weeks of faithfully following the instructions to the letter, I am not impressed with the results.  I will be testing another product  for a future contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment