Monday, September 29, 2014

Justice Over Everything

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/09/28/michael-browns-parents-want-arrest-not-apology/

The Ferguson, MO shooting death of unarmed, college-bound teen Michael Brown has exposed the dominant society for what it really represents.  I am a mother of one, and I hope to have more, so I am following this story because it affects me and my future kids. I am Black before anything else. I could say I am human first, but I am a descendant of diaspora. My race has been dehumanized from the beginning of our journey to this country.
I am proud to see protesters sticking it out for real change instead of accepting the Pyrrhic victory. We don't need another memorial. We need the slave drivers called cops to know there is no refuge for killing our kids. We need the anonymous racists on Go Fund Me and other sites to have their donations withheld from these societal villains.  We need what we want, not some phony media stunt in between murders.

This is Realest Mother Dearest signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment