Friday, October 25, 2013

A Rant

The crisp Autumn air and leaves are a sign of holiday times.  They are also painful reminders of my going under the knife to have a baby.  
How so?
Well the chilly air causes my back to ache at times.  Oh sure, I stretch and work out and drink water and lift with my knees blah blah blah  but sometimes for no apparent reason I still have a twinge or crippling pain, whatever my back decides to do.
Frankly, I'm pissed.
My doctor did not even attempt to induce me.  He decided it would take too long since I was a first time mother, which contradicted EVERYTHING he told me leading up to my due date.  He was all "it is up to God and the baby" and then he refused to induce on a Friday so he wouldn't tie up his precious weekend.  Then he refused induction all together, claiming I was endangering my child's life.
So he cut me a new vagina above my old useless one and I have a janky back and a uterus that feels occupied, but the phantom kicks are just the surrounding organs fighting to break away from the fibrous scar tissue 17 months later.

Im done.
This is Realest Mother Dearest saying thanks for nothing Dr. Stack. Glad I contributed to the highest csection rate in the U.S. which is 40% in the great state of Louisiana.
Yes, you read it right. Almost half of all live births here are through surgery, and it is often unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment