Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Belly of the Beast

I have a beautiful baby girl and I am pro choice. I know what you're thinking: how can a mother be pro choice?
As much as I love my daughter, I would be lying if I said I wasn't shaking in my boots when I found out I was pregnant. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been without a support system, or after a rape, or any other unthinkable situation. In the great state of Louisiana, there are groups of dedicated protesters whose main objective is to deter women from entering abortion clinics to sacrifice their unborn. These parking lot activists feel it is their moral duty to save lives in the name of God. What happens after they have involved themselves with this often painful and very personal choice? Are these groups helping the women provide for these unplanned pregnancies? In most cases the pro lifers are also anti government assistance. I have seen a lot of picket signs but not a lot of check books.
If you are providing long term support, you have a right to an opinion, but even then, we all have individual choices to make and live with. The reasons run the gamut from birth defects to high risk pregnancy to unplanned pregnancy within a marriage and everything in between. As a spectator I can easily say a lot of things but in the end, I don't know what I would do.
Until next time, this is Realest Mother Dearest signing off. Leave your comments below and feel free to suggest topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment