Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Selfless Mother

I often hear other first-time mothers say they put the baby before themselves. Many seem to believe a mother's place is last place. Granted you are going to make lots of sacrifices when you have a child, but the one fact I have come to accept is you can't give what you don't have. Many women who began neglecting themselves early on in motherhood often become bitter, disheveled and unkempt. I love being a parent, but I am a much better parent when I eat full meals, bathe, groom, etc. I do have to take good care of my daughter, but I don't have to look like a pageant mom while I do it (i.e., funky bath robe, rollers and flip flops). I refuse to look like Honey Boo Boo's mama! Your little one picks up on your mood, so try to keep your mind and body in a good place as best you can.
Until next time, this is Realest Mother Dearest signing off. Don't forget to comment below, and stay tuned for more adventures in motherhood, giveaways and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment